Senior Software Engineer
Honeyfund is growing and we are inviting stellar people to join our team.
Honeyfund is an innovative web- and app-based consumer business that helps couples plan an authentic wedding, take a once-in-a-lifetime honeymoon, and build a lasting marriage. When you join our team, you'll be surrounded by a group of authentic, warm and super smart professionals who are focused and passionate about the company and its users!
Although we are a small team of extremely talented people, millions of people use Honeyfund around the world. In 2012, Honeyfund.com was named one of TIME's 50 Best Websites. In 2014, we appeared on ABC's Shark Tank and won an investment from Kevin O'Leary! And yes, we get to hang out with Mr. Wonderful!
Honeyfund is the leader in its space and our website has been featured in The New York Times, The Huffington Post, Vogue magazine, Cosmopolitan, Brides magazine, and many more. We work with some of the world's leading retailers, such as Target, Amazon, Bed, Bath & Beyond and many more.
Our customers love us...
We have served millions of members helping them raise more than $640 million dollars for their weddings, honeymoons, baby showers, birthdays, anniversary trips, medical needs, and more. We are positioned in two large and fast-growing sectors: weddings and crowdfunding/crowd-gifting.
Why you'll love Honeyfund…
- Fun, innovative, fast paced and friendly environment
- Small agile team of super producers who get stuff done!
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental and vision insurance reimbursement program (keep your own insurance!)
- Top of the line MacBook Pro
- Monthly happy hour
- Annual team retreats
Work from home…
Honeyfund is a fully remote company. You’ll work on a company-provided computer, from your own at-home office space where you can sign on to work each day, stay focused and be free from distractions. Since we’re a team that crosses many time zones, core team hours are 11 am to 5 pm Eastern time and your hours can be flexible around that. Our virtual office runs on Slack where we stay in communication via message, calls and video conferences.
Why you’ll love the job...
As a Senior Software Engineer at Honeyfund, you will be instrumental in designing, developing, and implementing the code for Honeyfund and Plumfund.
We embrace people who provide technical leadership, think creatively, work collaboratively and produce superior results. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe in bringing great ideas and awesome new user experiences to life!
If you’ve mastered whatever technologies, languages, or development environments you’ve been using, and have the ability to quickly master any technology, language, or development environment that we may need in the future – we want to talk to you!
Job responsibilities include...
- Hands-on development of world-class design, implementation and features from concept phase to final output.
- Develop a variety of given projects within specified standards and adjust to recommended revisions.
- Work directly with Engineers, Designers and Executive Leaders to achieve goals.
Why we’ll love you...
- BS (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related fields.
- 5 - 10 years experience building polished consumer-facing websites.
- You have incredible coding skills. Your programming ability is way above average, as demonstrated by a continuous string of successful projects.
- You are comfortable working on both low-level functions and architecting a large system involving multiple technologies.
- You have excellent command of written and spoken English.
- You care about delighting the user.
- You've created significant web application projects.
- You want to ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
Skills we'd love you to have...
Optimal candidates will have experience with or working knowledge of the following technologies:
Equal Opportunity Employer…
Honeyfund is a proud equal opportunity employer and celebrate our employees’ differences regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
To be considered:
Please copy and paste the URL below into a new window and fill out: http://bit.ly/1EZHVDH